Book Production Typesetter/Designer
We are currently seeking a Book Production Typesetter/Designer to typeset 80+ books and assist with the overall design needs of 140+ academic and trade titles. Titles range across a variety of subject areas including anthropology, Asian studies, business, history, Jewish studies, Middle East studies, religion, and sociology. The Typesetter/Designer will also provide instruction to outside compositors and maintain our library of internal designs.
Primary responsibilities include
- Compose pages, deliver page proofs, make necessary corrections, and deliver final files to manufacturing.
- Maintain the pool of internal designs and provide updates as necessary.
- Work closely with acquisitions, production editors, and manufacturing to complete projects per established design and standards.
- Maintain content specifications and design guidelines for use by outside compositors.
- Administrative tasks including updating and management of database records, and maintenance of archives and design library.
- Create custom internal designs for select titles.
- Occasional design and production of publication-related materials, including covers and department/company documentation
- A deep understanding and familiarity with InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat, plus overall familiarity with email and browser software
- Careful attention to detail and ability to check/proof own work to ensure that all corrections to pages are accurately implemented.
- Expert at time management with ability to accurately forecast and meet scheduled delivery dates.
- Experience with the Scribe Publishing platform is highly desirable.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and project/colleagues needs.
- Strong organizational and communication (both written and verbal) skills.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong knowledge of industry standards, trends, and technical knowledge.
Bachelor's degree in related field and three years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
To apply, please visit https://careersearch.stanford.edu and search for requisition 92335.